Monday, October 01, 2007

Rare Occassion



I won't do this often, in fact rarely will I show my older finds, but I made a trip to the safe deposit box today, so before I went I decided to make a photograph of some my silver / finds.

btw, the large cent and bar token came from a Wisconsin.

If you look close at the large cent there is a small nick on the bridge of the nose, the one buffalo didn't far as well. Chalk that up to lessons learned. The coins come out of the ground in Wisconsin in great shape, the sandy loam really preserves the coins well.

The quarter in the upper part of the photograph toned in a heart beat after coming out of the ground, I am not really sure why as it came out of the ground in beautiful shape. Maybe the soap I used, the pollution in the air around here or leaving it on the mantel.

The V-nickel I attempted to clean with a polishing cloth, another mistake, only the high spots shine up. Lessons learned, clean with soap and water and leave them alone.

No comments: